Saturday, June 10, 2006

Roeselare Crit

With Cras Avernas 1.2 this Sunday, I decided it would be a good idea to get a local race in before to keep the leg speed up. Luckily there was a crit in the town next door to us in Roeselare. It was a 65k crit with 1.4k laps. I started on the front row and jumped with the first move right off the line. The 50 starters were instantly strung out. I never looked back for the first 30 minutes just following attack after attack. Once all the favorites were up the road with me in an 8 person break, the race was shattered behind us. After an hour of racing, 1 rider got away and stuck it to the finish. My chain was skipping pretty hard core from a 1970 watt effort halfway through the race. I broke one of my chain links halfway like it pulled apart. That limited me a little bit, but I was still able to go hard as long as I sat down. So in the sprint I wasn't able to go completely flat out. I was just nipped at the line in the sprint. It was a hard race so I was happy with 3rd.

No comments: